Hours of Operation
8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Alvarado ISD will work cooperatively with the news media for coverage of questionable issues, crisis, general news, and events involving the district. Please respect the following AISD media guidelines that will ensure the integrity of our instructional day and allow us to provide consistent, accurate information to our media representative.
All media inquiries should be directed to the the AISD Public Information Officer.
The following guidelines are in effect at all AISD facilities:
* The AISD Communications Department should be contacted when a representative of the media visits a facility. If the media visits an AISD facility without prior approval from the campus administrator, he or she should be asked to leave and sent to the communications department. The principal will be notified to coordinate an appropriate time and campus contact person for media visits.
* News reporters and/or photographers will not be allowed inside the facility unless the appropriate staff members have been notified and it is determined that such a visit will not be disruptive to the learning environment.
* Photographs and video may be taken by the media at the discretion of the campus administrator/communications department.
* The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) must be followed at all times. Each campus has a list of students whose "directory information" (i.e. names, addresses, photos) cannot be released per the parent or guardian's request.
* The superintendent of his designee shall be the official spokesperson for AISD.