Our mission is to inspire and empower our learners by providing safe, nutritious, high quality meals in a friendly, courteous manner in order to improve the health and well-being of our students.
Child Nutrition Goals
1. To offer well-planned meals that are appealing, nutritious, and appetizing.
2. To serve meals that encourage the students to expand their choice of acceptable foods.
3. To educate students and the general public about good nutrition and good food habits.
4. To serve food that is fresh and is in the best condition.
5. To maintain safety and sanitation habits that result in food that is of the highest possible quality.
6. To encourage each employee to always be professional and dedicated in his/her service to the school and the community.
7. To encourage each employee to enhance his/her professional potential by attending child nutrition training and educational classes.
8. To conduct the child nutrition program in an efficient and professional manner.
9. To be friendly and courteous and to treat everyone with dignity and respect at all times.
Alvarado has elected to outsource their child nutrition services to Chartwells School Dining Services. Chartwells manages child nutrition services for over 550 school districts and has been in business around 65 years in the United States. You may find more information about their company and nutrition information at their website by clicking here.
Director of Child Nutrition
Hours of Operation:
8:00 am - 5:00 pm | M-F
110 S. Bill Jackson
Alvarado, TX 76009
Main phone: (817) 783-6807